Sunday 3 February 2013

Dentist

Dear internodes, this is my first post of my blog which I am really excited for. To tell you guys about myself a little bit, my name is Marcel and I am a 31 years old dentist at a small dental clinic called, Hygiene Healthcare Clinic. I presently live happily in San Francisco with my wife and two kids. I also have a golden retriever which I extremely love.



I became a dentist because when I was young, somehow, seeing someone with bad dental hygiene kind of pissed me off in one way, and this pet peeve sticked with me when I grew up. With this, I wanted to help people have great smiles, so here I am as a dentist, extremely happy of what I am doing.    

Like every job, you have to go to school and have an education to reach the top and become what you want to be. To be a dentist yet demands a lot of effort and focus on studies. This is why during my 5 years in university I had no real social life outside campus and with my friends, I saw less and less. But at the end, it payed me well with my bachelor and master degrees. However, I did not become a dentist without gaining skills. For instance, during my years at university, I gained communication, patience and team work skills. Communication is needed since you will have to work with a team which lead to team work skills. Also, patience is needed since when you work in a client's mouth, you don't rush. In addition, you have to be a body/hand smart person since you have to work with your hands and know the mouth.


So today, I had a normal day. I came in at work at 8:00 a.m.. I prepared myself since today I was going to have many clients. I did mouth clean ups and check ups. Also, I had to do a teeth filling to a 10 year old kid who was not pleased at all. I had to reassure him that everything was alright. It took more time though that I expected but at the end everything went extremely well and gave this kid a surprise. In addition, today I whitened a woman's teeth which took about one hour. Though she will have to come back next week to continue the treatment. Then, my last client came and did a check up and cleaning again. This ended my day and had to fill in paperwork. After this, I went back home happy that I could help others have clean and beautiful hygienic teeth/mouths.

So if you want to see my next log, come next week! Hope you enjoyed and see you next time! Bye!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment