Tuesday 20 November 2012

Veterinarian

Hello, my name is Tyler and I am 29 years old. I presently live in Canada in the province of  Ontario. It has been about six years now that I've been working as a veterinarian in the Vet Pet hospital of Ottawa. I really enjoy my job, yet it hasn't been easy to become a veterinarian. I've always wanted to  be one since the first time I went to a zoo. Love for animals and to save them made me realize I wanted to do this as a job. I have been working extremely hard to end up as a vet. It is determination that lead me to success.



It took me a long time to become what I wanted to be, but I finally made it. First of all, after high school and doing my undergraduate courses, I entered a veterinary medicine accredited college for four years. During these four years, I did not have time to have a high social life. I mostly spent my time studying in books. However, it payed off when I earned my DVM, which is a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine. Then, I passed a GRE, Graduate Record Examination, and aced it, which I was really proud of myself. Afterwards, I became a veterinarian's volunteer and slowly gained experience and my license to become a true vet.



Until then, as a veterinarian, I diagnose the health problems of animals, do occasional check-ups, treat animals, vaccinate them against diseases, and sometimes perform surgery or euthanize animals. Also, to be a good vet, you have to be body smart since you'll have to work with you hands and be vigilant. You need to be confident in yourself and be meticulous for when you'll have to do surgeries for example, to become an excellent veterinarian as well. One advice I'd give those who wants to become vets is to never give up, even you face obstacles, because at the end, your hard work will pay off and you'll be proud of yourself.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment